What values should be promote in our children?
This is the main theme of the episode and below you will see some of the topics that I will cover
- The education system is too heavy on data
- PE is underavalued.
- My many hats as a governor, parent, business owner, former secondary school PE teacher
- Winning vs Losing
- Medals for participation. My thoughts on this
- Should we celebrate winning?
- Steven Biddulph raising girls
- Other values. Work ethic, kindness, empathy, resilience
- Resilience vs winning.
- What happens when it’s time to get a job or start a business or try to be a professional sportsperson
- Parents evening at secondary – They would rather listen to Brad the coach with his team winning 7-0 every week!
- What happened when our school team started to lose?
- English and Maths aren’t everything.
- Maths isn’t for everyone.
- I actually did well at school, not amazing, some A’s, B’s, couple of C’s and an A* for PE!
- The main reasons behind where I am now? Work ethic and resilience!
Take a look at all my socials: